March 23, 2021 at 10:29 pm #1404JLHanerParticipant
FYI – Here is what PMI’s audit email contains. (Thanks for asking.)
Thank you for your interest in the Project Management Professional (PMP)® Credential. We are in receipt of your application and have identified the following concerns:
Project Descriptions – The description you provided is unclear regarding the tasks and role that you specifically performed. Please provide a description of your role with the following standards and tasks in mind.
PMI requires that qualified PMP candidates:
* Perform their duties under general supervision and are responsible for all aspects of the project for the life of the project
* Lead and direct cross-functional teams to deliver projects within the constraints of schedule, budget and resources
* Demonstrate sufficient knowledge and experience to appropriately apply a methodology to projects that have reasonably well-defined project requirements and deliverables.
Further, project descriptions should consist of the following:
* A brief, one-sentence project objective
* Provide a high-level description that summarizes your experience and
includes your role on the project, your responsibilities, and
* A brief, one-sentence project outcome
Project descriptions should be a high level summary of the tasks you led and directed on the project. Project management experience is required in each of the process areas when all projects are totaled, but not on each project. Project descriptions must be provided for all projects submitted on application. Please revise the project descriptions.
Project Management Experience – PMI requires that projects be documented individually, regardless of the number of projects a candidate is documenting. We require this so that we may review each project individually and guard against ‘work’ being documented; further, we require this so that we can ensure candidates led and directed on each project documented.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.